The history of the Madison Street Baptist Church is a history filled with God’s blessings. From March 3rd, 1946, until today, God has used our church in a great way. Souls have been saved, lives have been changed, & homes have been built & salvaged to the glory of God. Many men have surrendered their lives to the Lord for full time service. Some men who were called to preach the gospel from MSBC are Ben Smith, Donald Vickers, Ricky Anderson, Jeremy Posey, Pat Lawrence, Brian Murphy, Scotty Long & Gill Edmundson.
The church met in a temporary location until the first auditorium was completed in 1948. The church’s steady growth continued until a new building was needed. The current auditorium was finished in 1957 & underwent a major renovation in the early 1990’s. In the intervening years, the Educational Building & Fellowship Hall were added. In 1991, the Fellowship Hall was named Jones Hall in honor of Pastor Elzie Jones who served here faithfully for almost 40 years.
Madison Street Baptist Church has been known in the past as well as today for its strong fundamental conviction, evangelistic zeal, missions mindedness & biblical stand.